Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen. Matthew 28:19-20

Monday, January 13, 2014

POST 38

Hi Everyone,
          Well this past week was and has been alright. Things have been going just as usual. Fast!! I think its been one of my fastest weeks. As I said last week, I got a greenie to train and take care of. My new companions name is Elder Agbeko from Idaho. He was born and raised in Idaho. His mom is from California but his dad is a Ghanaian from Kumasi. Haha.. (small world) Even there are a few members that know who his family is, and know his dad.  Our ward mission leader, Brother Kay knows his dad real well. His grandma stays here in Kumasi, and he has a few more relatives here in Kumasi. Pretty cool! Actually, he says he’s always in awe of everything, and can’t believe stuff like this goes on in the world. He doesn't talk much at least not yet, and is pretty much lost all the time. Let’s hope it comes. Anyway things are good.
          We were able to meet three guys yesterday that stopped their car and introduced themselves.  They are from Michigan, and have been taught by missionaries there. They said they want to be baptized before they go back, and they also want us to baptize their wives. They will stay here in Buokrom when they go back. We had a few other situations like that within the week. Just people coming up and seeming very interested in our message and the church.  About Esther and Henry, they have both went back to school in Cape Coast, and won’t be back until May.
          Anyway I guess if you want, you could just send me the camera you say that you have. The ones here are pretty crappy, and are bound to break or not work with all the other ones I see people have. Make sure it holds the same sd cards as I have.  I’m also about ready to send my sd card in an envelope, so just a heads up.  I’ve also gave a few CTR rings and zots away to the kids, but not all yet.
          Well it sounds as if everyone and everything are doing good and managing through winter.  As you said, just last year we were in Denver bidding on those fancy animals. It just seems like yesterday! So anyway, time just goes by. Looking back on my nine months seems like just a few. Ok, so good luck in the desert and I hope you find something. Keep up the good work! Thanks for everything.
      Love Elder Ty Blackburn



No comments:

Post a Comment