Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen. Matthew 28:19-20

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

POST 90

Hello Everyone,
          Well yeah, everything is OK.  Last week I was at a crappy cafe and waited and waited for your email to send, but I guess it didn’t?? I apologize.   But on the bright side, we moved into our new chapel building yesterday. It went very well.  We filled the sacrament hall with…. I think there was 50 or 60 chairs. and they were all full with a few people out side on chairs. The thing that was cool was there were lots of little kids in the primary room. It was completely full!! Also, we had 3 baptisms which was also great.  We spent Saturday morning cleaning the yard and building for Sunday.  We burned weeds and leaves, and such. We even saw a snake. It was a yellow mamba! It made a quick escape! We weren’t fast enough to kill it.
          So the power has been really crappy the past week and a half.  There’s outages everyday. It comes and goes like flies. We get it for maybe 6-12 hours a day, so its not easy to get much done. It just seems like the norm around here now. Just as long as we have water I can put up with it.
          Transfer news was Friday. President Holmes released me as DL and said I’ll be staying in Offinso for another transfer with my companion. He said he is real happy and pleased with the work in Offinso. As a district so far for the month of January we have had 7 baptisms, and still have two more Saturdays to go. Now that we have the new chapel, things are going to go a lot smoother. It will be great once they get the font erected.
          The investigators are doing fine. We have 5 or 6 pretty solid progressing ones. They for the most part just have small farms. They raise, yam, plantain, casava and corn. They seem to do pretty well and can survive on eating and selling a few acres of produce.
           I’ve been unable to send pictures from these small little crappy café’s.  They all have virus’s so when I try to send pictures they will never download. Next week we are going to go to Kumasi and start to buy some things.
          It sure sounds like everything is running smoothly and doing well back home. Spring is somehow around the corner. Haha… When I left it was snow and cold, and when I come home it will probably be the same.  I’ll probably freeze to death!!
           Well I better go. I need to find something to eat. There isn’t much to find on the streets of Offinso that a guy can be satisfied with and not get sick. Fried rice is pretty hard to come by, its only around at nights. But anyway I have made the purchase of a life time last week. I bought an 11 foot python skin that’s about 2 feet wide. I got it for a steal of a deal!!  The only problem is getting it home and past airport security.
                               Till next week. Love you all.
                                               Love E.Blackburn



No comments:

Post a Comment