Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen. Matthew 28:19-20

Monday, February 17, 2014

POST 43

Hello Everyone,
          The past week was good. I’m staying in Buokrom one more transfer still as DL, and going to finish Agbeko's training. Next transfer I’ll probably leave Buokrom to somewhere outside of Kumasi. So Samuel was confirmed yesterday, and it was really a happy day for him. More of the people we teach seem more serious than the past ones the past month. We have about 4 more serious ones who are coming to church every Sunday, keeping commitments, and progressing towards baptism. We weren’t able to have a baptism today but probably next week.
          Elder Agbeko is doing better. Last Sunday we met some of his family. Yesterday, they wanted us to come and eat fufu with bushmeat but we wasn’t in the mood for bushmeat so we decided not to go. I think that his dad went on his mission to Salt Lake or something, and that’s how his parents met.  So yeah, he is still pretty much still in shock with all this.  He’s always staring and in awe all the time, but he’s settling in pretty good. As for the others in the apartment, they just do their own thing most of time. Their both from Uganda.
           Last night I talked to Elder Nielson who is in Sunyani now. We were talking about the many things we are gonna do when we get back. It will be here before we know it.  Time has really flew if we look back on the past ten months. Lately I haven’t been able to get much sleep at nights. Either I’m not tired enough, or too many things on my mind. So I try to clear my mind or sing a hymn or something like that. ha ha...
           So anyway that’s about it for Buokrom this week. That is great that the moisture is coming good and that Spring is just around the corner. Wow!!  That is somethin else about all the water.  Yeah, if it wasn’t for the county, it probably wouldn’t of got flooded; but that is not good at all. Is the carpet ruined? jeez! Sorry, but at least there are culverts now. How is the snow pack on the hill? Hope it is good. You’ve still got Winter till April or so. Well anyway, sounds like you're doing well and being blessed all the time. I don’t need hardly anything. I’m gettin by with what I have. Whenever I get candy or sweets, they are too much at times; too sweet and sugary. Thanks!! Take care!! Better go. We are going to go eat at Piri Piri today.  It's owned by Lebanese and is pretty good food. So Till next week. Keep up the good work.
                      Love Elder Ty Blackburn








Pounding fufu
                                
                         








We pass by this pool of water often.

No comments:

Post a Comment