Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen. Matthew 28:19-20

Monday, March 3, 2014

POST 45

Hi All,
          So yeah the weeks are going by pretty fast if we think about it.  I’m already into March and almost over the other side. Yeah this past week has and was somehow better than the previous one.  My zone leader Elder Allen came on splits with me on Friday till Saturday. I learned a lot, and a lot more. He is a very powerful missionary, who knows his stuff. Also he has many things in common with me.  His dad was raised in Richfield then they moved to Arizona. So I had a pretty good time with him.
           Anyway you got the pictures of S’s baptism which turned out awesome. We were suppose to baptize M, but on Saturday he never came for the interview; but maybe next week. We are also planning on baptizing a guy named Nana Adu, who lives right next to the chapel. He doesn’t speak much English and doesn’t really comprehend, unless we have someone translate. So maybe we will baptize him, but not too sure yet.
          So you remember how I told you that the next time that the power goes out I’ll just go outside on the lawn and wrap my self up in my net and sleep. Ha haha…  Yeah, that isn't going to happen.  I’ve changed my mind. When I went on splits with elder Onen to Kenyasi, there is a hill somehow close to Buokrom. One guy we were talking to said they killed 2 pythons last week. So when I heard that, I realized I better stay indoors at night. Haha..   Pretty Creepy!!!
          So things are going good.  The weather has been not so hot lately.  It’s been raining quite a bit, lots of overcast.  On Saturday ,there was lots of dust, cuz the wind blew pretty heavy the night before, so it’s probably all from the Sahara.
          I had the worst meat ever this past week.   Just walking into the room turned by stomach.  Elder Agbeko got the head or something.  I’m pretty sure I got like a leg or the shoulder, (it had 2 joints in it). Also the skin was still on with a little hair as well. It took me till late evening time to get the smell off of my hands. Anyway enough of that!!!
          I’ll probably be transferred at the end of this transfer which is the first week of April.  I’ll surely be released as DL.  (usually Pres. Holmes leaves people for only 2 transfers as DL, but for me it will be 3), but who knows.  I do know that 12 people is too many, and then to have 4 sisters to deal with is another challenge. But we keep taking it one day at a time, and keep chugging along. Almost to April so it’s going good. Agbeko and I are doing well.  We’re starting to get to know each others personalities and we’re teaching more in unity.  Also I’m having Bro. Kay our ward mission leader make me a temple bag. It’s made out of kinte, which is fabric that they weave and make. Its black and white, so I'll send a pic. next week of it.   O and yes I did get your package.  Thanks for the letters and awesome pictures that were in the package.  When I tried to turn on the camera it wouldn’t turn on.  Even with brand new batteries it wouldn’t, so I’ll just have to buy one, maybe next week or something. But thanks a lot for the package. I’ll probably make the cookies tonight. So not much more activity has happened in Kumasi. Yeah I gave out a bunch of the zots to the kids. Whenever they got to the sour part, they didn’t know what to think. So thanks for everything! Better go! Talk to ya next week!
                        Love  Elder Ty Blackburn



S's baptism



Bushmeat!!  (NASTY rodent meat with fufu) 
Be glad you can't smell it….

No comments:

Post a Comment