Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen. Matthew 28:19-20

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

POST 55

Hello Everyone,
          Once again it is Monday. I enjoyed yesterday hearing and talking to everyone. It feels good to see that everyone and their families are doing and getting along well.
          On Friday around lunch time we were waiting to buy fried rice at Jacobs and President Holmes called. He thanked me for all the hard work I have done being a DL and taking my calling serious and he released me as DL and I am going to be leaving Buokrom. I’m going to be going to a place called Nkawkaw. It’s in the Eastern Region of Ghana; so no more Ashaniti! Haha.. My new companions name is Elder Sesay from Sierre Leone. He is my son, (Elder Agbeko's) mtc mate.  He came the same time.  My new area is in the mountains.  It's around an hour from Lake Volta. It's more out in the bush,  kind of like Obuasi. But as for the news in Buokrom; Elder Esplin is coming to replace me as DL to be with Agbeko.  It seems like he’s following me around, first Obuasi, now Buokrom!! Haha..  Even tomorrow he is coming to stay the night with me and Agbeko, so we will have an enjoyable evening.
          So that’s about the news for this past week. I will send a few pictures attached. So thanks and best go.. Take care!
                                               Love Elder Ty Blackburn



Eating at a members house.


Elder Kinghorn and I at Bonwire (pronounced bonwii). We stopped by after the mission tour last week  and bought some handmade ties.



Bonwire- A village where people weave Kente cloth. 
It's a pretty amazing place!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment