Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen. Matthew 28:19-20

Monday, May 19, 2014

POST 56

Hi Everyone,
          Yes, I have arrived in Nkawkaw and it’s a powerful place. It’s in the mountains and the climate is quite a bit cooler than Kumasi for the most part. It rains everyday and it’s just a neat place. Big ridge/cliff to the north of town. I feel right at home. Our area is pretty much just village, but we have powerful members and investigators. My companion is cool, Elder Sesay from Sierra Leone. The other two missionaries I live with are Kaufusi and Roach. The chapel is about 25 min or so walk from the apartment, buts it’s a cool place as well. I’ll take some pictures next week. We also had a baptism yesterday, so I can’t complain really. Our apartment is good. It‘s really small but it’s clean and quite new. It’s pretty much like staying at a motel.
          Nkawkaw has 2 branches. We are in branch 2. Church starts at 10 and goes the three hours. We have maybe 20 members, but for all three hours we stay in the sacrament hall, due to not enough rooms. We have to have Sunday School and Priesthood in the same place. So by the time church was over I was half asleep and had no idea what was really being said cuz of listening to twi for the past three hours.. haha…. But it was good!!        
          That is cool about the guy from Ghana that works at Barneys. Yeah, I’m sure he will know about all the places and everthing about Ghana. Anyway, Tuesday evening Esplin came and stayed in Buokrom. We talked about a lot of things, had some nice rice and talked some more. Then on Wednesday he and Agbeko went with me to metro mass, and then from there they went back to Buokrom. So we waited for a little bit, then for those who were leaving we got on a bus that was going to Accra. Nkawkaw is half way in between Kumasi and Accra. We probably waited for one hour for it to fill up. There was not even 25 people when they decided to start moving. So it took us 2 hours or so to get here, maybe a little longer.  I think next week we will go to some waterfall above Nkawkaw. They say there are monkeys and some other things.
          On Saturday I got the two packages and was real happy to get them.  Thanks for everything that you sent. Anyway, that is about it here in Nkawkaw. I hope all is well back home. Thanks again for everything!! Take care!! Till next week.
                                                 Love Elder Ty Blackburn

No comments:

Post a Comment