Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen. Matthew 28:19-20

Monday, August 4, 2014

POST 67

Hi Everyone,
          Yes August is here already. I can’t really believe that I have been on mission this long, and it seems like I’ll be home soon. Elder Sesay is being transferred to a place in Kumasi and my new companion will be Elder Anderson from Texas. It’s the same Anderson that was in Obuasi a year ago with me in the same apartment. We will have a good time here in the village. He goes home in October, so I will probably be with him till he dies, (goes home) So I could be here till January.  Elder Kaufusi is also being transferred to Sunyani to be ZL with Elder Barker.
          But yeah, yesterday we had 5 people come to church. It has rained for the past 2 Sundays in a row in the mornings, and it has an effect on the people coming on time. Our branch starts at 8 thirty and most of them don’t show up till nine and not many get the sacrament. But eventually the turn out is pretty good. We usually have around 30 or so people come. The water fall on the cliff was really purging due to all the rain that has been coming. We have been wanting to go up there, they say there is a big pool where it falls. People go there and swim. Maybe one of these days we'll go.
          About the Ebola virus; it is true. They have shut Liberia and Sierra Leone missions down. We are getting 8 of those missionaries here in the Kumasi mission. They will finish their missions here, but for sure I’ll have to start being more careful with the stuff I touch and the kind of places that I go. Sounds like a nasty deal, but I will be OK.
          Anyway so you asked about the guy that pretty much saved my life. Yes, he does work there at the hospital. He is a doctor or one of the nurses. He’s a great big guy. My chest hurt for a week after he pumped on my chest during my ordeal with Malaria. haha…
          That is about it for the news, So could you do some small research about the horse shoeing school; the one Dillon went to in Oklahoma? I have tried but the internet is too crappy here. Also, I think I may as well go to Snow for one year and see how things go. So if you could do that it would be great. Anway better go! Thanks for everything! Have a good week!
                                      Love Elder Ty Blackburn



This is a view of part of my area. 
(I'm standing on the Chapel wall).


Papua

No comments:

Post a Comment