Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen. Matthew 28:19-20

Monday, July 28, 2014

POST 66

Hi Everyone,
          We had a pretty good week here, not too much heat. It was nice going out cuz you didn’t have to squint. It rained a few times, not too much really happened just that August is here already and I can’t believe it. Time somehow seems to slip away when we just go and forget about it, and that seems to be happening. Ever since my year mark I don’t really think about it much anymore. I like to tease the greenies once in while and ask them when they go home and then laugh. I probably shouldn’t do it but it is necessary once in a while.  Haha..
          So yesterday we had 2 baptisms, Belinda and Mary.  They are I think 9 or 10, a recent convert nieces. So we reached our goal for the month of July for baptisms. Next month we are preparing a few more as well.  We are teaching Cynthia. She sells waakye whick is rice and beans with peppers and a few other things. She will come to church next week she says. She had a funeral to go to yesterday. Another is Sistera Asamoah, she is a members wife. She doesn’t speak any English so we have to have someone translate. She says the first time she stepped into the church, she knew it was the true church. That was something of a shock, coming from Roman Catholic to LDS. But we will probably baptize her the middle of August or so. Then we have Benjamin. He is also Catholic, but is powerful. He knows the Bible really well, and actually listens and asks good questions. So those are a few of our people. Yesterday, we had 7 come to church, so we are being very blessed here in our area.
          Yesterday afternoon after church and the baptisms we came to Kumasi and stayed in Boukrom with Esplin and Agbeko. We had a pretty good time. Today we came to town to enjoy a nice internet café and I think we are going to Piri Piri for pizza, Kinghorn is also here.
          So the twi is coming along great, cuz everyone speaks it and doesn’t like to speak brofo (English). I can’t really spell or write it, but I can somehow carry a small conversation on with someone. Anyway yeah, I have recovered from the nasty malaria. I’m going to try and go back there to the place, (the hospital)  but its really far from our place, so I may not be able to. The guy that pretty much saved my life, I would like to go and thank him and visit a little with him. He was even asking about the church when we were there. I think that the Mraeso Elders are teaching him now. He stays at the top of the Mt. which is Mraeso. So maybe one day I’ll go back there. But things are moving along.  There is a German kid that we see every Monday in town and is a cool guy. We have thought about trying to teach him. That would be cool to baptize a white guy here in Ghana!! He says he is doing volunteer work or something, and has been here 10 months. He goes back in September. Anyway that’s our week here. Thanks for the updates on everything. Have fun at the reunion and dad and don’t be gettin bucked off again! Ha..  I wish you the best in all you do. Take care! May god speed!
                                     Love, Ty


No comments:

Post a Comment