Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen. Matthew 28:19-20

Monday, October 13, 2014

POST 77

Hi Friends and Family,
          So things have been just the normal around here. Yeah, the other churches are interesting.
The drums, speaking in tongues, singing, haha..   It’s something else for sure. Yesterday was fine. We only had one investigator (Kwabena) come to church, everyone else had some crappy excuse, but we hope they will come next week.  Kwabena will be baptized on the 25th. I think that having church start at eight is too early. Eight thirty would be perfect; almost everyone was late. Our group leader is somehow serious with the church, but needs to chill out about investigators being late. He doesn’t need to be chastising them about being late. That is our job and not his.  But for the most part he is good group leader. He has a car, so its not a problem for  him to get from Afrancho to Offinso. We hope to find more serious people this next week.  Most of the people that we are teaching have problems they need to work out and resolve before they can be baptized. We are going to go to a little town about  3 miles north of Offinso called Namong this next week. Hopefully we will have success. Half of our area is Zongo, full of Muslims and their cows. There is a certain tribe from Burkina or Niger that are called Fulanies. All they do it herd and raise cows. We are always running into them.
          Anyway, my companion is great. His English is coming along really well. It’s amazing actually!!
I can’t believe it’s been 18 months and only 6 more to go!  I really  cant believe that my time is winding down. Ever since I came I would look at missionaries almost finished with their mission and think.. Wow they are lucky! I wish I was them! Haha… But now I’m saying it to the Greenies, “You are lucky!  Make the most of your time and enjoy your mission.” About all my heroes are all gone home and now I’m taking the plate.
          So that is pretty much it for the past week.  It sure sounds like everyone is doing well and enjoying the fall weather.  That is great that Dad and Chap both got an elk. There's always good times out there getting in the middle of it all and having them run right over ya, ha… At least is wasn't as cold as it was the one year with all the snow.  It also sounds like the gather went well.  It's always quite an enjoyable outing. Anyway, next year I'll be there. I really can't picture it. I think I'll just be in shock for a few weeks, trying to believe that this actually happened. Well I best go! We’re going to Piri Piri to enjoy a bit. Have a good week!!
                             Love, Elder Ty Blackburn



My companion Elder Ilunga doing his traditional dance.



Tro tro
The major form of transportion

No comments:

Post a Comment