Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen. Matthew 28:19-20

Monday, October 20, 2014

POST 78

Hi Everyone,
          So everything is good.  Last week went pretty well, except for about 85% of the people we contacted were either mynty brofo, or were scared from us and tried to hide. I don’t really know what they think we are, probably cops or secret agents of some kind. Ha... We weren’t able to go to Namong, but hopefully this week we will try. We are starting to have success with the few members that are here. They have given us a few referrals who seem to be ready and prepared for what we have.  Also church yesterday was fine. The group leader didn’t show up until twenty after. When he got there he told me to go and pick up this old man who is a member a few min away. I got to drive his car!!   It’s been a long 18 months of not shifting any gears. It sure felt nice, but church went well.  We were able to have 12 people come total.   They have found a place for our church services now, so we just will keep riding prosper to get the ball rolling in order for it to be ready by December.  By the looks of things, I think it will be.
          Yesterday we found a family that said we could come by within the week. They received us really well. They said we are always welcome. So hopefully we will continue to find serious people that will receive our message and not run from us or just want to talk to us because I’m white and am an American. Haha… What gets me is when we talk to people they ask me what my local language is in my hometown! Some people are sooo behind, they only know twi and do not like to go to school to learn.
          I have found another favorite food, it’s Gari and beans with red plantain. It’s really good for lunch. But that is all for here in Offinso. It sounds like everyone is doing well. I better go.  Thanks for all the news.  Best of luck this week.  Take Care! Till next time.
                                   Love Elder Ty Blackburn



Offinso street market


Offinso street view

No comments:

Post a Comment