Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen. Matthew 28:19-20

Monday, February 16, 2015

POST 94

Hi Everyone,
          Yeah you said it.. Hot!!!  Everyday it looks like it will rain, but by 10 or so the sun is blazing and scorching.  We just walk down the dirt roads and I can hardly open my eyes to look ahead.  My squinting is beyond squinting.  All of the sun glasses I have bought have been crap, so I have stopped buying.  I’m just going to hold out and get burnt.  Other than that, things are fine.
          We didn’t have too many of our investigators come to church yesterday, only 5.  But the thing that is good is that all of our people we have baptized are there every Sunday, and they are helping the branch grow. The one gave a talk last week which was powerful. She asked us to help her a little on her talk; it turned out really good.
          Yesterday, we went to Bantama to have the baptisms, since there was no water in Suame. We went to the Stake Center. My companion and I had three baptisms.  Two of them were Joyce's daughters who are 10 and 12. We are working on making Joyce's family all members. The other guys are teaching her parents and siblings. She was the first person we contacted our first day in Offinso, and now is one of the strongest members. The other baptism was a guy named Kelvin. He’s a teacher and is really smart. I think we will start to have him teach the investigators class. I forgot my camera the day of the baptisms, but E. Gibson took a picture. The computer won’t read it so maybe next week.  Also, next week we are planning on baptizing Owusu John.
          I really can’t believe that my departure is at hand. I received my flight itinerary today from Sister Preator who is the mission secretary. She  asked me what airport I wanted to alight at.  Salt Lake is what I said. I think they will also be on the same flight. They are getting released with us as well. But as I look back it seems somehow of a big flash. From the beginnning till today it feels like a long time, but really it is not. I am humbled and comforted as I look back upon my journey here in Ghana. I know that I did my best and gave it my all to help and bless others. Even to be an instrument in the Lords hands to bring his children to the full knowledge of him, and all the blessings that are attached as they partake of his gospel.
          As for the zoo visit last week. It wasn’t anything like Hogle, but it was cool. All African animals of course. As for the monkeys, they are something else! One male wanted to fight us.  He was throwing fruit at us, and about ripped Elder Richmonds hand off. There was a little baby doing tricks and showing off for us. I have a video I’ll have to show you all when I return.
          So as for the dresses you can mix and match color or design to what ever you want.  I will need your choice by next Monday, so she can start for the three of you, if that is what you guys want.
          Well next week is transfer news. I’m pretty certain I’ll be staying to die in Offinso. Maybe with Ilunga, that would be correct revelations.  But that is about all. Take care, till next week.
                                Love, Elder Ty Blackburn


No comments:

Post a Comment