Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen. Matthew 28:19-20

Monday, May 6, 2013

Post #3

Well Hello Everyone,
          On Tuesday we arrived to the mission home. Well first I’ll tell you about the plane ride. It was terrible. It was like riding a loose rollercoaster. It was horrible. I thought I was going to puke a couple of times. But once we landed we met the Holmes's. (the Mission President and his wife) They are nice. Then they took us to the mission home and we talked for a while. We had dinner which was really good. Then we went to bed. On Wednesday we had breakfast. Then our new companions showed up. My companion is from Samoa, (Elder Meredith).  He is really nice and a great missionary. He is helping me understand things, and is very kind.
          We are serving in Obuasi, which is about an hour and a half south of Kumasi. It is nuts around here. There are Muslims, Catholics, Jews, any religion there is on the face of the earth. It can be found here. Its like if you go back to like the fifties. (no joke), its crazy!! There are a million tro tro's, (it means small and fast). They are like those ugly Toyota vans, and all of them are really beat up. And there’s a million little two door taxis. But other than that there are markets on every street. And there’s chickens and goats by the hundreds roaming the streets everywhere!!
          So on Friday and Saturday I was sick, I think it was just culture shock, the food, the weather, the water. (don’t worry it is filtered), but it still tastes nasty. I’m still not used to the food here. I thought the food in the MTC was bad but the moment I got out here I would not hesitate to eat it now. So I hope things will get better, but I think that they are slowly. But yeah I am taking care of my self, I will keep getting better though.
          I met two guys at church yesterday that helped with the jungle gold show. They are white and are from Utah. They know where Axtell is, and I guess that they own a subdivision by the head start school in Centerfield.. weird huh??
          So I can’t wait to get the goodies your sending. Thanks for all you do for me.
                          Love Ty



This is the Mission President.
Leon Arthur & Elizabeth Anne Holmes


 This is my companion.
Elder Laion Meredith


No comments:

Post a Comment