Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen. Matthew 28:19-20

Monday, May 20, 2013

Post #4

Hello All,
          It sounds like everyone that went to Hawaii had a good time there with the family. Yeah, I think Hawaii’s pretty much the same when it comes to the climate and fruit. The humidity here is making my skin kinda like soft and girly now. I don’t like it but I guess that that is part of it. Things are going good though. We were suppose to go to Kumasi next week, but they said it got canceled cuz too much spending on transportation. But we went to Kumasi last Tuesday for a zone meeting. The bus ride was wild. A lot of people and bad roads do not mix very well. And yes I have eaten more fufu. And I have had some nasty nasty other stuff. Fufu is like candy compared to this. It is called Bankou. It is nasty!! My gag reflexes are really getting exercised. haha !!! A lot of the foods you eat with your hands. It's weird. You have to be her to really get a taste of this crazy African lifestyle. Its an African experience for sure.
          So we were suppose to have three people get baptized on Saturday, but they had to get interviewed by the mission president because they all three have been involved in abortion issues. That is a big problem here in Ghana I guess. 
          This last week it has been raining a lot, they say that the real rainy season is just starting. When it rains it rains. I mean like lightning, thunder, and hard rain! It makes you feel as small as an ant.
           Anyway, yeah it was good to call home on Mothers Day and see how everybody was doing. I was really down for the next couple days. All I could think about was home. But its getting better. I know that I am soppose to be here in this point of my life. And what you said is true, I know that this is hard. But with the help of you guys, the lord, and the will power and stamina in me I can make it.
          I recieved the package with goodies on Friday. Thanks for everything you sent; the jerky, kool aid packets, the letter, and the snacks. Take care and talk to you next time.
                                                              Love Ty



This is fufu!!  
I'm actually starting to develop a liking for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment