Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen. Matthew 28:19-20

Monday, May 27, 2013

Post #5

Hi Everyone,
          I am getting the hang of things and I am getting use to much of the stuff. (except the food) I have not been sick lately, I have just been kinda weak because of the heat, but it will get better. But yeah, there are many random people who just like call use over. They say "Hey white man, come!" hahaha It’s pretty funny but then humbling also. In my patriarch blessing it says, “People will be drawn to me for some reason”. So yeah they all wonder why we are here, and what do we do. Most of the people we talk to, they think that we are Jehovah Witnesses. I guess they dress like we do or something.
          But here are a few stories. This last Thursday, me and my companion were walking; and there was this girl who was selling water with the bucket on her head. Well she was trying to cross the road right in front of us. And there was this taxi who was going way too fast. And the taxi hit the girl!! it was graphic. She did a summersault. And the sound when she hit was like a sack of flower hitting the ground. Jeez it was crazy!! But the way they handled her was like a rag doll. We was going to help, but they had already threw her in the car. Jeez it was nuts!! But anyway we are teaching about ten or so people and we baptized middle aged guys yesterday. We were suppose to baptize them a few weeks ago, but they had abortion issues, and had to be interviews by our Mission President. But I guess that there is a lot of abortion here in Ghana. And hardly no body is married. Very very few are married.
          Anyway, yeah the picture with me and the oven, that is a bakery. The lady who owns it is one of our baptismal candidates. That oven is used for baking bread. They get it down until its all coals. Then they can bake. They have two of them in a big barn. Just standing next to it, I was almost on fire. It was hot!!! Tomorrow we are going there to help her and her workers make and roll out loaves.
          Gah, I so miss hauling cows, and loading them on the semi. getting them ready to go on the mountain. This weekend I’m going to find it hard to concentrate on mission work. But just know I will be thinking of you guys. The best of luck this weekend and be safe. I hope it goes well going up the hill.
           So I am always thinking of you and love everything back home, even the small things I did not pay any attention to. We will talk next week.
                                                              Love Ty


This is the an oven that used used for baking bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment