Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen. Matthew 28:19-20

Monday, September 2, 2013

Post #19


Hi Everyone,
           Well this past week was good.  We were able to baptize Shadrack!! It was really good, especially because it was the first time I have ever baptized someone. It was really cool. The font was really full. He seems really solid in the church. He is always taking notes and writing down scriptures in the classes. The spirit was very strong! It was awesome!!
          So about Francis, (the man who gave us a ride a few weeks ago) we have only met with him once since the time I told you about. He works for Anglo Gold Ashanti, and is only free on weekends.  We gave him a book of Mormon last time, and invited him to read and pray about it. As for Steven, he is not too serious anymore. He just lays in his house all day and sleeps. But we still stop by a few times a week, and read from the Book of Mormon. He still needs to come to church in order to be baptized. We are trying to prepare Felix for baptism soon.  He came to church yesterday for the first time. He is part of the Gallumsay, that is now very slow, I guess. So he says he is out of a job.  And we have found some new people to teach; their names are Joe, William, Lizzy, and Gloria.  The two girls came to church yesterday. We have not even taught them!  They live by Steven, and I think this week we will start teaching them. So other than that, not too much going on here in Obuasi. I’m just happy that Elder Cockrum and I were able to baptize Shadrack yesterday.
          So Elder Barker is going to be transferred to Tamale. It’s in the northern part of Ghana. Elder Okoro left yesterday to go home.  His companion Elder Gakaka is going to be the District leader, and is going to be training. He will probably train a white. There are like 13 Americans coming next transfer!! So yeah, it’s going good for us, and this transfer will put me and Cockrum into half of October.
          There’s just lots of crazy things happening in Africa that all of you guys would think is jaw dropping. haha… Yesterday, we passed by some people that called us over, and gave us some fried yam. It was not too bad. So they said that today, we could come by and they would make us fufu with bush meat. Bush meat is like rat, and I think some other small animals. I think we will pass on that one!! haha…
          So the highlight of this past week would have to be when we were passing by a part of the market, and there was this taxi.  It was crammed full of Chickens!! The front seat, back seat, and the very back was chuck full of Rhode Island Reds. It was quite the site. haha...
         Oh yeah, me and my companion made a stew for the first time last week. We went to the market and bought all of the stuff. The whole time we were shopping, the people were trying to sell everything to us for double the price. When I was with my trainer Elder Meredith, I learned quick on how to jew and to bargain with things. So me and Elder Cockrum, got our way with the prices. They think that us whites are stupid and will pay outrages prices, but not us!! haha….
         I hope you all had a good time at Dark Valley.  I cannot believe it’s September already. And next month the cows come home!!  Wow!! Well here’s a few words to think about “What if you woke up today with only the things you thanked God for yesterday!”
Well, I love you! Take care! May God Bless!
           Love your son, & brother, Elder Ty Blackburn


Elder Cockrum and I in front of our apartment.

No comments:

Post a Comment