Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen. Matthew 28:19-20

Monday, September 16, 2013

Post 21


Hello Everyone,
          This past week was good I guess.  We were able to travel, or I should say WALK to another part of our area. It is far from our estate, probably 2-3 miles.  New site Abompe. It’s a part of Obuasi that a lot of construction has happened in the last ten years, and most of the buildings are not finished; but people still find some way to live in them. We were able to find and teach a few more people. Eric, Sarah, David, Bedu, Joseph, Ebenezer, Obed, so some more people to teach and to increase our teaching pool. I think that the area will progress, but it seems as though its too far from the chapel for them to come. But we will see what happens within the next few weeks.
          So I said last week that President Holmes was coming to Obuasi to make it a District.  Well, the new chapel is not done yet. The Palmers drove me and my companion and showed us where it was. We went in and looked around.  It still needs some work. So, it will probably happen within the next few months or so, maybe next month, I’m not to sure, but soon it will be split.
          Well the temperature changes a lot in West Africa.  From May-Aug its rainy season, then they have some native name from September to November then I think the hot/dry season starts, but I guess around Christmas till like Feb. nights get cold. I can’t wait for that to happen. The terrain around Obuasi is really rocky, red dirt, lots of gravel, steep hills and small mountainous type terrain.
          Yeah, so about the big trucks; they have like 4-5 axels under them, and there are crazy drivers.  They just go!! Who ever is in the way better move, or too bad for them. When Meredith and I were together, we saw someone get hit. They actually stopped for that one; got out threw her in, and left. Pretty crazy!!
          So the highlight of this past week would have to be when we were going to our new area. We saw this guy that was selling rats. They were hanging on ropes from an umbrella looking thing. They were frozen.  There were probably 40 or so. It was quite the site for sure!  I will try to take more pictures of things like that.  The only thing about taking pictures with people watching, is that they want you to give them your camera; and some of them follow you around for a min.
          For my birthday we didn't do much at all. It was just another day on mission.   We went out and taught a few people.  After, I bought 15 cedis of junk, pop, chocolate, pringles (that tasted like paint, probably 15 years old), gum and Ghanian Ice cream (Fan Ice) its pretty good. Then I went and bought a hat. So that's all we did on Saturday.  So thank you again for everything. I love you and think of you all everyday. Take care! Till next week.

Love Elder Ty Blackburn

No comments:

Post a Comment