Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen. Matthew 28:19-20

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

POST 29


Well Hello,
          Haha… Well this past week was good. We have just been doing the usual, staying busy and fulfilling our duties. Other than that nothing else has really went on or happened. Other than that we kind of had a slow week, not too many people had time, and no one wanted to pick our calls; but we did alright, I guess you could say. We are teaching a middle aged girl that is from Wa.  Her name is Hilda. She is very smart, and knows a lot of things that we have taught her, just the one time that we have met with. There is something about a person that you can see and tell that they have been prepared by the Lord. Yeah we are planning on having a few baptisms on the 16, but not too sure how it will turn out. Most of the people we have been teaching are getting jobs or they are moving. So I hope they will be able to make and keep the commitment.
          Yeah, so we can have use other study materials and guides other than the scriptures. For me, I have all the standard works, Jesus the Christ, True to the Faith, Our Heritage, and a few Bible and Book of Mormon study guides. So we get an hour each proslyting day to have personal study, than after we have companionship study for one hour. But sometimes at nights I study also.
          So the other ones in the apartment are cool. Elder Acera from the Philippines who is being trained by Elder Robert from Nigeria. So we all kind of do our own thing. Each of us do our own cooking; but sometimes me and Acera will eat together. So for breakfast I eat oatmeal, for lunch usually egg sandwich or rice, then for dinner we usually buy fried rice or eat the same as we did for lunch. Yesterday I found an old cookbook, so maybe I’ll start trying new things. Haha...
          Oh yeah, I almost forgot.  So this past Thursday we were coming home in a tro. So to start things off, we did not have any lessons cuz people were not on our side that day. So yeah, we got into the tro and about a min or two later down the road they stopped and picked up a bunch of people next to the college. So about a few seconds down the road from there, the mate started asking for money and he told them the price.  The moment they heard the price, they started using twi insults and yelling at the driver and the mate cuz the price was too high. From the point where they got picked up to where we were dropped, they probably stopped 5 or 6 times. The driver almost climbed over his seat back to a few of the guys. It was quite something. Haha…
          So as I said, not too much has happened; maybe this next week I’ll have something to share. Ok, well keep up the good work. I will be calling home very soon. I hope all is well. I better go. So take care.
               Love, Elder Ty Blackburn

No comments:

Post a Comment