Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen. Matthew 28:19-20

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

POST 28


Hello Everyone,
          Well here we are once again. So this past week was another good and successful one for us. We’ve been staying busy with not much time to think about home and everything. I’m just focusing on my duties and the Lords work. We were able to find some new people, and they are really progressing. Their names are Gladys, Esther and Kwabena. So Gladys goes to the University of Wennaba in Kumasi, Esther is a school teacher, and Kwabena works at a saw mill. We are planning on baptizing them on the 16th or so of this month, with a few others as well.
          Well I am doing very well. Yesterday was Stake Conference in Dichemso. (which is a part of Kumasi) There were people everywhere!! There wasn’t enough room for everyone. There were even chairs set up in other rooms and the hall ways in the church, even outside with tv’s. There were so many people that it made me realize again that the church is true!! One of the area of the seventies were there. For us missionaries, not many of us got a seat; so we were in the halls and outside, so I didn’t get to hear much if the conference. It was a very good time for all. Everyone was happy and smiling after. I saw a lot of the missionaries and chatted with a lot of them as well.
          So I recieved news from Elder Cockrum in Obuasi that Linda was baptized last Sunday. It really made me feel good to hear that she had made the step. Anyway, like I said, we have been staying busy and busier than ever doing the Lords Work.
          This place is very dusty and always at the end of the day my shirt is pretty much red, especially the collar. We walk a lot more as I have said before. We have been having a member come with us a lot, and I can see the difference whenever there is a member present in a lesson. I know that because of us bringing and using members more, that is why our investigators are progressing so good. We went to a members house on Friday. When we got there, they had prepared us food. It was Banku and Eba. The Eba wasn’t bad, (its a Nigerian dish, very simalar to banku and fufu in a way). As for the banku, I can actually eat it now a days; but I was forcing my self to eat it, and it was all my gag reflexes could take. So the moment I looked up, there stood this dog, he was staring at me and wagging his tail. So I said, “Forget this, I can’t finish all this”. So I gave the rest to the pooch!! He had it gone in a few seconds. I know it was bad to do, but I couldn’t carry on!! Haha...
          Ok, so about my companion (Elder Ugbah from Nigeria). He is a convert. He says he joined the church when he was like 8 or 9. The rest of his family is less active or non members. I’m not too sure of what he likes to eat or to munch on. O yeah, yesterday I received Annette’s package and when I opened it up, his eyes lit up like a torch. Haha.. He took some few things.
          So about the music and DVD’s, every companionship is suppose to have a small DVD player with a screen, so yeah we have one in the apartment. We watch preach my gospel. With the flash drive that I have, I have gotten some music and a couple of movies like '17 Miracles' and 'The Other Side of Heaven'. So I’m enjoying some of the things that we have back home. You can send something like that if you want.
          Well not too much else has happened, just Work! Work! Work! I can’t believe that we are in November. The first of January is just around the corner, then I can say next year is the time.  haha… That is good to hear Eli got her call, California! WOW! Tell everyone hello Belle, Chap, and Bryler.  Well thanks again for all the news and the happenings back home. I really appreciate your words of advice and encouragement. I know that because of my faithful service, he is watching over you guys. Keep up the good work.
                      Love Elder Blackburn


Me and my companion Elder Ugbah


This is the LDS church in my area.  

No comments:

Post a Comment