Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen. Matthew 28:19-20

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

POST 50

Hi Everyone,
          Well the past week was good I guess. I can’t really complain.   Yesterday was M’s confirmation. He is now an official member, and as happy as ever.  No, we were not able to watch, listen, or do anything with General Conference.  I imagine that it really good.  In about a month or a month and  a half we will get to watch like a session for one of the Sundays during sacrament meeting.
          We are all still the same in the Buokrom apartment. Its me, Agbeko and the other two from Uganda, Elder Onen and Komubbi. So no changes,  I’m going on 3 transfers with the same people and the same everything. Buokrom is under the Dichesmo District and also Dichesmo zone. There are 3 districts in the zone,  Kronum, Asamang, and Dichemso, and I’m DL for the Dichesmo District. But we are all under Dichemso zone. Our Zone Leaders are Elder Gakaka and Allen.  Allen is usually the one that I report daily numbers to. There are I think 28 or so missionaries under the zone, but for the mission it’s 140.
          Our investigators are doing pretty good. I actually ran into Prince coming through the market and talked a little. Both he and Nanu Adu are doing good.  They haven’t came to church for a few weeks cuz I think they traveled. Most of the people we teach don’t really have a steady job, just small small work here and there doing little jobs. But M works at an Internet Café.  We have been teaching his brother F and he is very powerful.  He works at a photo development place.  He has his head screwed on straight.  It really makes a difference when someone is paying attention, and enjoying what you are telling/teaching them; and then asking powerful inspired questions. F has agreed to be baptized on the 27.  Also a young girl that has attended church at Dichesmo wants to be baptized; and then Christopher who is Gads friend.  Yesterday was his first time at church and he got up and bore his testimony which was all in twi, but from what I could understand, it was powerful!!
          So it’s all good.  Everything is going great.  Next week is my year mark and it’s all down hill from there, and then in few more weeks I’ll be calling home!! Haha…   Thanks for all the news and updates and for everything else. Take care!!
                                 Love,  Elder Ty Blackburn



Elder Kakowa (Zimbabwe) Elder Agbeko, Elder Anouman (Ivory Coast), Me


Street view from the bank in town.

No comments:

Post a Comment