Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen. Matthew 28:19-20

Monday, April 21, 2014

POST 52

Hello Everyone,
          Well this past week was good. I am now over the hump and it’s all down hill to the finish line.   Haha… So I had a nice week. We celebrated on Saturday by going to Bonjour and eating pizza, ice cream, alvaro, and mineral. We had some fun with Cockrum, May, Lawson and their companions. All the rest wasn’t able to come, or they were outside of Kumasi. We enjoyed for a few hours and got out of the heat and relaxed.
          So the past week went well. We had a baptism for Emmanuel who is our bishops nephew. He was prepared and wanted to be baptized soon. So we met with him everyday last week, and few times the week before last, and he was able to be baptized yesterday. It went well. It’s always nice to have a baptism, and it feels great to be a part of helping people come into “The Light of Christ” and get them on the right path of life.
          So I’ll have to think about the one question you asked me about what the three biggest lessons I’ve learned since on my mission and tell you next week. But yeah, I’ve come to love/like my mission. I think it’s definitely one of the most challenging ones and tough. I would say that it has gone by somehow fast, but then one year is really quite a long time; and then to have to do one more, it seems like ages when I get to thinking about it. But it’s really not.  I’m Just dropping the months and days from now on.  Haha…
          The land owner decided to reroof the chapel.  It is finally finished and it looks like something else.  The way they make bricks/blocks is interesting.  First of all they haul in a bunch of gravel and sand.  They bring a bunch of water that ladies are fetching while they mix it. Then they put it into a mold/frame then they pack it.  They let it dry in the sun for a few weeks and its ready to use.  It’s quite something to watch them build a building.  All of the buildings around here are built out of cement and blocks.  No lumber!!
           Well someone stole the computer out of the Ward Clerks Office!! We haven’t got any info about it. We think it’s the workers who are painting the place.  So that’s too bad.  Just lots of crazy out of oridnary things happen.
          Sounds like the family is busy getting the crops in and farming.  Next year I’ll be back helping.  I haven’t really figured out what I want to do yet.  What do you think would be best for me? I’m somehow getting nervous small when I think about it a lot. I think I’ll start to pray about it.
          I hope you had a Happy Easter and was able to remember the Savior. Well thanks for everything! Better go! Take Care!!
                            Love Elder Ty Blackburn



Emmanuels baptism day.



Picking mangos from a ladies place. We asked if she would like to
sell any but she told us if we could get them we could have some. We had
a good time climbing around and getting some nice ones. 



"Hump day" celebration at Boujour!!

No comments:

Post a Comment