Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen. Matthew 28:19-20

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

POST 71

Hi Everyone,
          I hope you had a good time on the mountain and was able to relax a little, kick back, and drink a mineral. Haha.. Also, I hope you were able to get some cattle moved and into the right place,
          Anyway, the past week went over quite well.  We were able to have the baptism yesterday due to Gods grace. We had the water ready in the tank, but on Saturday I guess someone cleaned it out. Instead of flushing it out the right hole, they flushed it down the pipe that goes under the chapel and into the font.  The line was full of moss and rubbish which ended up in the font. But as I said, by the grace we were able to pull it off. A member rounded up a bunch of his neighbor kids and had them fetch water for about thirty minutes. It was a powerful experience!! Elder Roach has a few pics I’ll send them next week.
          We baptized Sister Felicia Ofor and Bernard. Both are part member families. So slowly small small we will get them all. We also had 8 come yesterday to church, which is another blessing as well.
          So we went to our Branch Presidents place on Thursday and I found out that our Branch President raises grass cutters and rabbits. I had never seen a live grass cutter.  It looks like a great big prairie dog with a roman nose. I didn’t have my camera or else I would of taken a picture, but next time I’ll have to. He breeds them and sells them for big money.  One medium sized one would be about 80 cedis. Now they are saying that bush meat should not be eaten, but who knows the Ghanaians will still probably eat grass cutter.
          So no, we haven’t gone back to Afram. Maybe next transfer or something. Also when we were there, that was when I saw the spider.
          On Monday me and Andersen almost got hit by a bus. We did some mighty fine footwork for a few seconds or we would of been road kill; and it was right next to a big wash, so we were pretty lucky. We also saw a door of a small car get flung off by a dump truck. That scared us completely to death!! I’d say we are lucky to be alive. Haha…  So that is pretty much our week.  I hope you all
have a good week and are able to relax. Before you know it, it will be fall. Love ya! Take care!
  Love Elder Ty Blackburn



Eating fufu with Elder Anderson (my companion from Texas)


Baptism day for Sister Ofori and Bernard.


No comments:

Post a Comment