Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen. Matthew 28:19-20

Monday, September 8, 2014

POSt 72

Hi Everyone,
          Ha… So everything is just the norm around here. First of all, we have had power about half the time this past week. Today we came to town and there was no network at the café.  And then there’s no money in my missionary money account!! I was about to just let loose on someone or something!!! Then to top it all off, the power goes out again!!!!! Talk about patience barometer going over the top!! Ha.. But now I think that everything is fine. We have come to town for the third time now. So I think that it’s OK. We had to go to the other bank called Barclays. Anyway, enough about that.
          Yesterday we confirmed Bernard. Sister Ofori came late, so we will confirm her next week. They finally found a solution to the water ordeal at the chapel. They put a pump on the pipe and then it blew all the rubbish out. Haha.. Brilliant! So now we can have a baptism on Sunday.  We are planning to baptize this guy named Attah. He is about as humble as can be. We are suppose to baptize his wife and 2 kids next month.
          Here in the village things are not easy. It seems like everyday there is something. We had a run in with our lunatick landlord who was either drunk or high. She proceeded to take down our drying lines; meanwhile, the whole time I was asking her who she is and why. She also wanted to see the inside of our place.  I called Cooper who is over all the mission apartments and he said to let her in if she’s the landlord. So we did.  She was speaking twi really loud. Haha… We haven’t heard from her since, so she was just really drunk. The small things like that all add up till it seems like you can’t take it any longer. But it seems like there is always a way out and I manage to pull through.
          Anyway,  I’m thinking that I may be leaving Nkawkaw.  President Holmes came yesterday and interviewed me. I asked him if I would be staying or going. He just put his hands on his knees and leaned forward looked at the ceiling for about 10 seconds and then said, "Yes, you may be leaving!" Ha… Talk about a shock!! I asked him to where. Ha.. He said,"I should be patient till Friday, and that there is more work to be done!" Hah… What does that mean?? Anyway, I guess I’ll just hurry and wait till Friday. Somehow I feel like I have come here to accomplish something, and that was to get the members involved with missionary work, and it is happening. So we will see.
          O and yes, I think I may of put on a few more lbs. All the heavy foods people like to stuff us with is working. So take care!! Have a good week! Thanks for everything!
                                      Love ya,
                          Elder Ty Blackburn


Eto
 Its mashed plantain with other stuff in it spices etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment