Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen. Matthew 28:19-20

Monday, September 15, 2014

POST 73

Hi Everyone,
          Thanks for the birthday greetings!  I’m not sure if am suppose to be 21. Ha..  But I guess it has come. I never thought I would be to this point. I just thought I would be a litttle kid my whole life and I would never get old!! haha. But yeah, the day was alright. We went to church, had Attah's baptism, went and saw a few people, took some pictures, had a fm (free meal) at a members. They fed us banku with groundnut & chicken.
          O yes, I forgot! So I am being transferred from Nkawkaw to Ofinso in the Ashanti region. It’s another village.  It’s a brand new area, and new a new branch. I’m also training again. It’s not going to be easy. It’s going to be a challenge. We’ll probably have to do everything in church like talks and teaching etc. I’m not quite sure but we will see how it is. Ha.. So I guess this is the answer to "There is more work to be done Elder!” But I feel like I came here to do what I have done and have accomplished the task. I’m going to miss Nkawkaw for sure.  All the people I have helped bring into the fold and seeing the joy and blessings they now have and are receiving gave me exceeding joy yesterday as I was giving my last testimony.  Also at Attah's baptism; that will be a birthday I will never forget. It was powerful!!  His wife even came and seemed like she like it.  It was a great gift. But yeah, I didn’t do much for fun. I had ice cream and cookies with some drinks. I’m definitely going to miss the mountains here, and all the little creeks everywhere. Anyway, Andersen is staying for his last 6 weeks and Elder Hoffman is coming to replace me. They are bringing 4 more missionaries to Nkawkaw. They have another apt. on the other side of town for them.
         That’s pretty much it. I go to Kumasi tomorrow cuz Andersen is being made DL for his last transfer and he is going to the mission home for training.  I’ll sleep in the AP's apartment and Wednesday I’ll get my son (companion) and head for Ofinso with 2 other missionaries.
          We are going for another FM at a members for lunch today. We never know what it will be, so we just expect the worst! Haha.. Its’ bad to say, but it is what happens most the time. I can't think of anything else that has happened this past week.  All I know is that I’m going to Ofinso which means I’ll have to give it all I’ve got and do my best. The place has never had missionaries or the church so a lot of contacting to do. Ha…
          Well it sure sounds like you are doing well and are getting things done and taken care of for fall. Yeah, I guess its that time of year. You better get some rest before the games begin. I’m going to miss the gather but next year is upon us. Well better go! Thanks for the email. Have a good week! Take care!
                                                               Love Elder Ty Blackburn


Saying goodbye to a family in Nkawkaw








Attah's baptism









                Old Train Station

















fm- free meal at a member house

No comments:

Post a Comment