Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen. Matthew 28:19-20

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Post #9

Hi All,  
          We just got back from Kumasi from a zone meeting, and my week has been good.  This past week we had to fetch water for one week. It went out last Sunday and then came on yesterday morning. I guess that the city or something or another did something. We all suffered last week, no running water, no power at times, junk food, dirty apartment at times, hooooottttt weather, it was taking a toll on all of us. But now that the water has come back it has boosted our spirits a little.. 
          So yeah I remembered that you guys were fasting for rain. I also felt that I should fast. So I did. It’s probably the only way I can help being here in Ghana, through fasting and prayer. 
          So yeah when Elder Succo left, the new missionary that replaced him is from  Kumasi. He is being trained by Elder Barker (that was Elder Succos companion). He is a Ghanian that is training to be a stake missionary and then he will go on his mission in November to Nigeria. He is a cool guy and really good to talk to. So the lessons are coming easy now, but at times they are hard. But they are getting better. Some of the investigators we are teaching now are serious, and not so serious.  The ones name is Rosca. She is an older woman. She sells bagged concrete mix, and she bakes and sells meat and apple pies, and does peoples laundry. She is really nice. She is promising me an apple pie some time. She is interested in the gospel and loves the missionaries and wants to be baptized but will not commit to a date. So we are working on her very much. Also, all the other people we teach or talk to, they always promise and say that they will come to church, but we never see them. Everyone says that, but no show on Sunday. These Ghanians are not serious when it comes to keeping commitments. So anyway, we are hoping for 2 baptisms the first of next month. And yes, I wish I would of studied the scriptures and lessons a lot more before getting here, and been more prepared. But it is coming. 
          So yeah, the little kids are for the most part always grabbing and hugging me everywhere I go. So yeah, they like me for some unknown reason. And yes, some of the people have not seen a white man before. They like to stop and stare. Hahahaha  Last week the pictures I sent of me, the 2 boys, and the horse; the kid, actually he has the horses and cattle. He raises beef for a butcher and he just rides the horses for a hobby. So I actually have something in common with someone here in Ghana when it comes to livestock. Yes, there are a group of people that think the cows are sacred. They have a weird name that I cannot remember. The horses they just let them loose in the day time and lock them up at nights.
          So my highlight of this past week was when I was in Kumasi today; I have never seen so many people in my life in one place. There are thousands and thousand of just all you see is black dots, and people selling anything and everything you could even imagine exists. There were people grabbing me, wanting me to give them money. Asking for money!! It was nuts!!! The Kumasi market is probably the size of Gunnison and Centerfield big. Its crazy!! So I made sure my wallet and my back pack was surely fastened and safe. Hahahahaha It was crazy.!!
           I am glad that I am here and progressing in Ghana. I am really pleased and thankful for all that you do, and are doing, and many things that we will do together in the years to come. I appreciate everything, even the small things in life. I look back now and say, WOW! I really could use that right now, or I should of taken the time to make good use of it. So keep up the good work.
Love you and talk to you soon, Love Ty



Me and my companion in Obuasi


Having fun with the other missionaries I live with, and a boy selling fruit.  

No comments:

Post a Comment