Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen. Matthew 28:19-20

Monday, July 1, 2013

Post #10



 Hey Everyone, 
         Thanks for telling me about all the happenings of Axtell. And yes, I’m doing alright.  I am sometimes shocked, and I have to take a step back and say,”Am I really in Ghana Africa??” hahaha.. It’s an African experience for sure! I am doing well here though.  So we went to Kumasi today, just three of us. The others did not want to come. So I was able to see Jason. It was sweet. We had a good time. He is a good guy, and cool one as well. I bought some canvas paintings and two wood carvings to send home to you guys with Jason.  So to answer your Q? about the steps we have. So every six weeks is a transfer.  I am on my second transfer.  Every transfer we get a new planner. I have finished my first one and I’m half way done with my second one.  Man the days are flying!!
          So this week was a slow one for us.  It is hot, humid, it’s not raining. It has not rained for almost three weeks now. They say it’s the rainy season, but its not coming! They say when it comes, it wont stop. I wish there was some way we could just transfer it all to Utah, when it does come.   
          We are still having a hard time with our investigators keeping commitments, and coming to church. They always promise to come to church, but they never come. We have one, maybe once or twice a month actually show up at church.  But other than that, it’s scarce. So when we tract, we usually just tract and contact in the same areas. We have been going to areas that have never seen missionaries.  We found a (I guess you could call it) a village! We found it just recently. It’s called Kokoteswia. It is in our area, but it is just too far from our apartment. We try to stay in the relative area of where we usually proselyte. 
          The HIGHLIGHT of this past week would probably have to be; when I was studying my scriptures. I was reading in the New Testament.  I was reading along and a lot of the questions I was having; they began to be answered one by one. And then when we went out, I was able to feel the spirit, and teach with it more than I ever had. So I learned that praying for the spirit’s guidance really teaches us many things. So that is my highlight.
          I hope that you all have a very happy 4th of July.  I’m really going to miss all the parties, parades, o and food this week on the fourth. Yesterday was Ghana's Independence Day. The only thing that was going on was just a few stores were closed. There were no parades, no parties going on, no nothing. So I am so thankful for everything we have in America, and all the patronage we all have. Take care and love you all. Till next week.
                   Love Ty 



The crazy sights of Africa!!


Eating fufu!!
Fufu is eaten by everyone taking a small ball of it in one's fingers
 and then dipping into an accompanying soup or sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment