Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen. Matthew 28:19-20

Monday, October 7, 2013

Post 24


Hey All,
          Well this past week was good. We went to Kumasi on Tuesday for a Zone Conference. It was good.  I learned a lot and took a lot away from it to apply to me as a missionary. After the Conference, Cockrum and I went to his old area, Atafoa, which is still in Kumasi.   We spent the night there.  We saw some of his people and then we went to the Bantama Chapel for a foreigner registry, then we came back to Obuasi. 
          So the road between Obuasi and Kumasi is horrible half of the way. There are pot holes 8-10 inches deep and a few feet across all over the place. Yeah, the ride gets old, especially when its blazing hot, and I’m sweating bullets.   I would have to say that I have suffered this past week from the heat.  Haha… This past week it rained a lot too. It was also very hot when it didn’t. That is how it is; blazing hot when it’s not raining or cloudy, and when there is clouds, it’s a sign to take cover, cuz its coming soon!! haha…
          So our area is progressing alright! We got a referral.  Her name is Linda and she wants to be baptized, so probably the first of next month. Also, today me and Cockrum went to Kumasi to meet up with his trainer, Elder Miller and Elder Nielson, (Stetson). I also saw Elder May, and a few other of the missionaries I came with. It was pretty fun. I can’t believe it’s been six months! You know on the 19 will be my BUMP day, yeeh!! Haha.. Yeah, I’m fixin to burn a tie!!! .It still feels like I should be in training. haha…
          Yah, I think they are looking for another apartment for me, Cockrum, Anderson, and Sonpon. Something that will be closer to our area. We will be moving to a new and closer chapel for our area too. It will be a lot better for our investigators to come to church. They will be able to walk and not have to pay for transportation. All together for our branch I think that 3 people have cars and the rest take a taxi or tro-tro. So it makes it hard for pretty much anyone to really come to church; knowing that it’s up a very steep and long road.
          So last week, you asked if the church leaders ran the branch correctly? Yeah, for the most part.  In Sunday School and the after classes they like to speak twi, so we can't really understand. But when they speak English, we have to correct them on a few things. So for the most part; yes, they are doing good. There’s always room for improvement though.
          I  hope all goes well this weekend with the gather, and you have good weather. I remember last year, the first day was perfect, but the second day was Winter for sure. I do get homesick thinking of all of that.  I have been trying to stay busy doing something all the time; trying to keep my mind focused, and not think about home too much.  Well other than that, not much else has happened over here in the sun.  Thanks for everything!! Take Care!

    Love Elder Blackburn

No comments:

Post a Comment