Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen. Matthew 28:19-20

Monday, October 28, 2013

Post 27


Hello Everyone,
          Well this past week was good. We have been very busy doing our duty. We were able to have a baptism yesterday. It was a guy that lives very far from Asouyeboah. He says it costs him 18 cedis round trip to come to church.  He lives in Tepa where there are no missionaries.  He loves the church and everything about it. 
          We have been working really hard, and not too much down time at all. I have noticed that when you really focus on your work, the days and weeks go by faster. It really makes you feel good to be tired enough to lay down at night and fall asleep.  Also me and my companion are doing good, we are always joking and laughing around.
           I really like my new area.  It has a lot of really great people, and people that are prepared for the restored gospel. So the area we teach in has the really rich people all the way down to the dirt poor. We have a few people we teach that have mansions and 3-4 outfits. The one was a truck driver in America, and has been all over the United States. He says he has stayed the night in the Salina Truck Stop. I asked him why he would come back?  He said it was too much work for him!!  Haha... Yeah, so there are many powerful people here in Asuoyeboah. We have a bunch of people to be baptized on the 16 of November. So the people that we are teaching are many. I will tell u about a few.  So we have Maybell.  She is about 23 or so and has been taught everything, we are now reading the Book of Mormon with her. She really wants to be baptized, but she needs to get married first. (she has small child) She even says she wants to go to the temple!  Also there’s Gladys.  She lives in Apatrapa, which is part of our area. We were passing by one day and we stopped.  So we started teaching her.   She says she has met with the missionaries before, a few years ago.  I could see the tears come to here eyes when we started talking about Joseph Smith and the First Vision.  She could remember just about everything. So other that that not much has happened.
          I have grown to love the people over here and admire them for who they are.  I have also this past week mastered my tolerance.  I have realized that not much of anything that happens or people I am around can bother me.  Also I have acquired a lot of patience with my new companion. So just the other day I was thinking about everything and all the happenings back home; and then the hymn “All is Well” popped into my head. So I know that all is well back home with everyone. I can’t wait until Christmas to be able to call home, and get an ear full of everything! This week I will take pictures of a lot of different things. It sounds like everyone is doing good.  I can’t believe Gr. Dick is turning 70, wow!. Well I better go. So take care! May God Bless! Till next week!  Love Elder Ty Blackurn

No comments:

Post a Comment