Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen. Matthew 28:19-20

Monday, October 21, 2013

POST 26


Well Hello Everyone,
          Well Monday is here once again. Like I said last week, I was going to be transferred to Asuoyeboah, which is a part of Kumasi.  I have really been liking this place. The apartment is OK, they say its very old, buts it’s nice for Africa I guess. Yeah, so having 4 instead of 8 is much better.  It’s a lot more quiet, and peaceful. The chapel is nice. It’s just like the ones we have back home. At church on Sunday I really felt welcome and at home.
          You will never believe what happened. Well OK, so on Wednesday was transfer day. We went to Metro Mass in Obuasi. (me and Cockrum). We waited there for about almost 2 hours. We decided to take tro tro. So we went into town and a bunch of people tried to take my bags, and wanted me to pay them to carry them. I was so fed up with them I was about to blow and just pop one in the mouth!  So we finally left Obuasi, so right when we got about to Kumasi we had the police stop us, and ask what is in the bags on top. So I just told them clothes. So anyway, we got to Kumasi Metro Mass and the APs took me and my new companion who’s name is Elder Ugbah, from Nigeria to the mission home. I was able to meet a few incoming Elders and talk for a while.  That was fun.
           Ok, so there are two Nigerians in the apartment. (my companion Elder Ugbah and Elder Roberts) Elder Roberts is training a little guy from the Phillipines. His name is Elder Acera and is always speaking Tagolog!! Haha.. He is a funny guy to be around.  He was soppose to come when I came, but due to Visa problems, he came later. He is one of the 18 years olds. My companion Elder Ugbah is a hard worker, but he does not know the difference between working hard and working smart; he just finished his training but he’s learning. haha...
So probably the top three things I have learned so far within the six short months I have been here are

1- Learning how to recognize the spirit.
2- Having faith in all things.
3- Learning how to work with others.

          So I was not able to burn a tie. We were so busy on Saturday that I pretty much forgot; but I plan on doing it sometime this week. OK this cafe is really crappy and is very slow, so sorry for the short letter. I hope all is well with everyone. It sounds like the gather went well, and you are getting them home a little at a time. So I better go. So take care. I love you all. Till next week!!
            Love Elder Blackburn

No comments:

Post a Comment