Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen. Matthew 28:19-20

Monday, October 14, 2013

POST 25


Hello Everyone,
          Here it is Monday again and one more week down. So Saturday, I got news from our District Leader Elder Gakaka that I was going to be transferred. He told me about five or so different things, where I was going and who I was going to be with. So I didn’t believe him. Well, when I got back to the apartment I started asking him, and he finally told me the truth; after all day pulling my leg. I felt like ringing his neck! So I’m going to be transferred from Obuasi! I’m going to Asuoyeboah, which is in Kumasi. I’m going to be in a four man apartment, and my companion is a Nigerian who just finished his training, so it wont be so bad. I’m sure that there are many people out there that are ready for the gospel.  I leave Obuasi on Wednesday. I have to be at the Metro Mass in Kumasi at ten thirty.  My new area isn’t far from there, maybe 10-15 min in a tro tro I guess.  Elder Kgabaga is my zone leader, and is close by.  He said he is there for me.  He was the one that was in Obuasi when I first came, (Elder Sonpons trainer).   Cockrum is staying and going to be with Elder Stentzel or something like that. He’s another missionary from Utah that I came with. Also Elder Nielson is coming to Obuasi to train.  There will be TEN missionaries in Obuasi now; and all under the same Roof for the time being. They are looking for another apartment, but who knows when.  All I know is I’m going. I was kind of sad at first.  I was hoping to stay at least one more transfer, and to be able to open the doors on the new chapel. O well, maybe someday I will be able to do that in another area. But I hope to come back before I go home and see how everybody is.
          Yesterday I had to talk in church. Our branch President called and asked if one of the missionaries would give a talk.  I said I would. I talked on Missionary Work and Member Missionaries. I had about an hour or so notice before church. It was totally by the spirit! I talked for like 15 min with hardly no preparation.  I guess it was my retiring address.  haha…
          So about my shoes. The pair of Rockports are about bald on the bottom, and are not too safe to wear when its muddy. The Eccos are pretty much just like new.  They have worn off small on the bottoms, but are just like new. I think they should finish me. Yeah I rotate them, but now I’m starting to wear the Eccos more. If I do need shoes eventually, I’ll just go to the market and buy a pair for dirt cheap with my bargaining skills. Haha…
           So about Linda, she is 18 years old. She was a referral from one of the members.  She has known about the church for quite some time, but her mom really never wanted her to come to church. She says that her mom is ok with it now. She has a baptismal date for the 3rd if November. She works for Tigo, (its a phone company). Cockrum says he might come back to marry her! Hahaha... Yeah, so ill try to take more pictures of little shops and things.  Everywhere you look, you can pretty much find anything you want.  You just have to know where to find it. There is no order or anything like that here.  It’s all pretty much a giant cluster.
          I'm actually glad I’m getting a new start at things; new people to see, new scenery, four man apartment.  Well that is all good to hear all is well at home.  I wish I could just get a breeze or smell of the fall weather. It is getting hotter here in the day time and colder at nights. They call it Ramatan or something like that; it means dry season. I have started to have small head aches, its probably cuz I don’t drink enough water.  The drink mixes help with dealing with the water.  It sounds like dad had good luck on the Mt. and Gr. Becky said that Branson got so cold that they had to stop and make a fire for him. Haha... Won’t be long. I cant even imagine what it is like to actually feel cold! haha… Well I love you all.  Tell dad that I’m thinking of him, and to keep up the good work. Sounds like it’s that time of year; snow flying and almost Halloween. What is everybody going to be?? Take care!  Till next week.
    Love Ty



Me under the sign board next to the chapel



Me with a member and his family.




A typical white mans food in Africa.
IndoMie (Ramen noodles) mixed in with fried eggs, then salad cream. haha.. 
(its actually not bad at all)


No comments:

Post a Comment