Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen. Matthew 28:19-20

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

POST 35

Hey Everyone,
          Well this past week was good. Things are good over here in the dust and heat. You should see my shirts at the end of the day.  It’s as if I went to Mars.  Haha…  We baptized David and Kwame Yesterday, and confirmed Hingra from the week before last. Vida traveled to Techiman with her family for Christmas. The Christmas party was good,  I got to see all of the missionaries in the Kumasi mission.  There are many that I did not know.  There are many that came after me.  We had potato salad, green salad, bbq chicken, rolls, rice, and some sort of beans, fanice, alvaro, and malta. It was a nice dinner; also there was basketball and foodball. But for me and a few others, we cooked the chicken and got the coals going, it took about an hour or so to get a nice coal bed.
          So what you said is 100% true about teaching people.  One thing I have noticed that helps to get to know someone a little faster, and to let them feel more comfortable around you, is to try to help and see if you can do something for them. Just the other day we were passing by this group of guys chopping down this tree.  So I said “Lets stop and help them”.   We started to help them and they felt good, and the smiles on them went from ear to ear. Haha..  They were really happy that there were these two white guys that stopped and helped them.  We left our name and number on a card, and they said we could come back next time. They offered us water and started to ask us questions. So if we are not able to teach them the first time, we are getting the churches name out there and trying to help others.
          Anyway, the couple that took the Palmers spot are the Preators from Cody Wyoming. They seem like a nice couple. I started talking to Elder Preator, he has a big feedlot and feeds about 800 or so feeders, and has a couple hundred head of mother cows.  He let his boy take over while he is out on his mission; and he says he is still going to keep it going when he returns. He goes home the same time I do in April 2015. It was nice to talk to him, and he says he sure is glad there is someone in the mission that he can relate to and talk with.
          On Wednesday, I recieved Allysons big envelope, both of Grandma Lindas, one of yours, and Annette's.   Maybe tomorrow the other packages will be there. Tomorrow me and Elder Holmes are going to an F.M. with the AP's to eat fufu to a members place down in Asuoyeboah.
          So anyway things are going great; 2014 is just around the turn and it feels good to have 8 months under the belt. Well anyway we can talk more on Wednesday.  I hope you enjoy the ward party and get some pictures. Thanks Mom for all you do as a mom and a caretaker for all of us.  And Dad, thanks for all you do for our family and our community. You are a great example to so many people. I look up to you always.  We will talk on Wednesday. I love you!!
           Love Elder Ty Blackburn






No comments:

Post a Comment