Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen. Matthew 28:19-20

Monday, December 2, 2013

POST 32

Well Hello Everyone,
          So Monday is here again. So this past week was kind of slow, due to the fact that it was transfer week and moving to my new area, packing, unpacking, etc.   So today we went to Bonjour! It’s a big fueling station, with about 4 or so restaurants inside. Me and Elder Holmes bought and split a large Hawaiian pizza.  It was really good and tasted almost like the ones we have back home, not quite but pretty close. haha..   So then after eating there, we came to town and had to cross through Kejtia.  (its the central market of Kumasi) If someone wants to get lost or really confused, just go to Kejtia. There are people just packed and crammed all over the place. There is lots of noise, tro tro's honking their horns, just a lot of things that would give someone a complete heart attack if it was your first place you came to in Ghana.  haha..
          So anyway, my companions name is Elder Holmes from Farmington Utah. We have many things in common. He says he hunts deer every year around Willow Creek, 12 Mile, and around the nipple. 2 years ago he said his uncle killed this big monster behind the nipple, and there were these 2 guys that came to their camp and ended up mounting it for him.  I was maybe thinking it was Lyman. I thought it was pretty cool that he hunts up there. Also his grandparents live in Gunnison; the Holmes's. He has been out for 3 or so months.  The other ones in the apartment are Elder Kinghorn from Newcastle England, and Elder Kommubi from Uganda. So the apartment is very big and spacious, there is a lot of room to relax in. There are even a few sofas and a small couch.
          My new area is very powerful! There are a lot of people to teach that are actually serious and many that are prepared for the gospel. We are planning on having 3 baptized this coming Sunday.  Boukrom is the highest baptizing area in the Kumasi area, so somewhat of a boost. Also, there are many Muslims around one area of our apartment. We don’t proselyte too much around there. We have to walk about 15 or so min to the fruitful part of our area. We don’t have to travel to our area, so it makes it nice that way.
          With my new calling as DL, there are many duties and responsibilities that come along with it. Last Tuesday all the new District Leaders went to the mission home and had a specialized training with President Holmes. He pretty much told us, and showed us, all the things we are able to do under his jurisdiction and his calling as a Mission President. I have come to realize how to approach people better, whether it be a problem or how to help that person. So I hope that it will be good.
          Well I am doing well. My companion  and I are doing good and I couldn’t ask for a better companion.  For Thanksgiving we didn’t do anything, just another day. We did buy fried rice though, if that counts as celebrating. Haha..  So yeah, I got your package last week when I went to the Mission Home for the training.   I also got the Mitchell’s as well.  Thanks!! They were really powerful and I really enjoyed them. (epecially the peanut butter) Anyway, not much else has happened, other than I always forget my camera. I need to really be more serious taking pictures of all of this. Ok, so sounds like you are doing good and everyone is great. Thanks for everything! I better go.
Love Ty


This is my apartment in Boukrum.

No comments:

Post a Comment