Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen. Matthew 28:19-20

Monday, June 30, 2014

POST 62

Hi Everyone,
          I am truly grateful for modern day medicine and technology dealing with my malaria.  Over here in Africa though I think its like the 1960's when we look and compare Ghana to U.S. standard of hospitals. But it wasn’t too bad.  I got in and out with not too much havick. I have about fully recovered from the malaria. To be honest, I can only remember probably not even half of what has really happened this past week and half. So I am grateful to be here and to be alive still as a missionary, although I think that I came close to stepping into the Spirit World a few times. Haha.. I know that Heavenly Father pushed me to the limit both physically and spiritually, and I believe that I have grown closer, have gained more trust and respect for him as well.
          Anyway so today for P-day we went to a place called AFram Plains. It’s about 45 min. north of Nkawkaw. Its’ a really big river that is a tributary to Lake Volta. We were going to cross on a ferry, but just as we were showin up it was already launched. We decided to take the small boats across to the other side to a little town. We got there and walked around. We tried to find something to eat. We finally found a place that sold fried rice and chicken. On our way we saw plenty of cows.  These ones actually looked healthy and fat. We also saw quite a few fish; and they said that there were leapards around, but we didn’t get to see any. Afram Place is where the Mt. range ends and its just becomes plains, flat for miles and miles. It’s more of a Savannah rather than a jungle.  We saw plenty of little fishermen in their hand carved boats setting their nets. So as you can tell it’s a cool place. I  would like to go back and see it again before I leave Nkawkaw.
          This coming Friday Elder Sesay and I are going to Boukrom to stay the night.  Friday is Zone Conference with the Obuasi, Asuoyeboah, and Bantama Zones.   We will be staying in my old apartment with Elder Esplin and  my old companion Elder Agbeko.  It will be nice to see and visit with them.
          Anyway I hope you like the pictures. Also about Elwood,  I wish he could hang on till I get back. If you get the chance tell him hello and tell him thanks for all that he has done for me. But I thank you all for everything, your prayers and your thoughts; they are truly answered and heard from up above. Well best go and take care. Love ya,
                                                   Elder Ty Blackburn

























Stopping at a rock formation.  
On our way to Afram Plains.







Me and my companion Elder Sesay from Sierre Leone















Man in boat
















Hand made boats

No comments:

Post a Comment