Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen. Matthew 28:19-20

Monday, July 7, 2014

POST 63

Hi Everyone,
          The past week was pretty good. We went to Kumasi on Friday morning for Zone Conference. I woke up before everyone else at 5, took a shower, warmed some water on the stove, had a bowl of corn flakes, and I was ready while everyone else was scramblin around. We were on tro by 15 after 6 and it took us a little over 3 hours to get there. It was about all up hill the whole way. When we got into Kumasi there was some traffic that probably took 40 min to get out of it. But we got to Bantama Chapel around 9:40, so it wasn’t too bad at all in order for it to start at ten. It was a good conference. My favorite part was the food. I had them heap up the rice and tried to get them to give me the biggest piece of chicken. Haha… It was really good!  Conference won't happen again till October, so I may as well try and get all I can.  After it was over me and Sesay headed for town. It took us about 40 min or so; we went to Opoku trading and Melcom. We bought some few things and we were off to Boukrom. We met Agbeko and Esplin at the chapel. We talked for about an hour or so, then we went to the apartment. Agbeko cooked some rice and we had a good time. Agbeko, Esplin and I talked till around 1 or so. Haha…   The next morning we left around 11:30, got a tro in Kejetia and headed back to Nkawkaw.  So we had a good time in Kumasi and spending the night in Boukrom with Esplin and Agbeko.
          Yeah, I guess I have fully recovered from that horrible, crappy, sickness Malaria. I lost like 8 or ten pounds or so. When I went to Zone Conference, a few people said I had gotten skinnier and taller since I left Kumasi. Haha.. I guess that’s not a bad thing.
          So things here are OK. We are teaching our recent convert James, and we are teaching his sister. Her name is Fabio and she will be getting baptized on the 19th of this month. Also we are somehow teaching a guy named Emile.  His church fell or something. Hahaha… I told him that now is the best time to come to our church and to come and visit. But still even that his church is in pieces he won’t come.  The guy is stubborn as a mule!! But hopefully someday he will come around. When ever we teach people especially for the first time, they will never forget that missionaries taught me this, and they asked me to do a few things to know if it is true. So we are pretty much planting seeds that will hopefully sprout and bear fruit for themselves one day.
          Anyway, thanks for all the news and keeping me updated on all the happenings. I never got a picture of the hospital.  Maybe one day when I pass by again. I hope to never be there again though. And yeah, the place we went to last week was what I would say is the REAL Africa. It was pretty cool to go and see some new things and tourist attractions. Well better go. Thanks for all you do. Love ya! Take care!
                                                       Love  Elder Ty Blackburn



This is my apartment in Nkawkaw.  
It is on the top floor where the laundry is hanging.

No comments:

Post a Comment