Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen. Matthew 28:19-20

Monday, July 15, 2013

Post #12


Hi All,
          So this past week has again flew by. I have been able to stay busy. I have found that when I get discouraged or depressed, I tell my companion, “Lets go to work, we are here for only two years, lets make the most of it”. I have found that when I work, my days are much better. So yes, it has been raining just about everyday, and it is always muddy and wet now a days. It also sounds like you have been having some good storms. All the prayers and the fasts worked. We can always liken this to the Book of Mormon. When they lived righteously, they were blessed, and they prospered and flourished in all that they did. So it goes to show that you are living right. 
         I was all smiles while I read your email. Hearing about all the hard work you and the family are doing. You don’t know how good it makes me feel to hear all of these great things happening. I know that it is because of my service, and also all the prayers. It also sounds like you had a good time at Elkhorn as a family. I bet it was a lot of fun to get away and to relax.
         So yesterday we had a Branch Conference. Our Mission President, President Holmes, came and gave us all a really powerful message. Especially the members! The members here need a lot of work and help. They just come to church on Sundays, and then go home. They don’t do home teaching, weekly activities, helping the missionaries, feeding the missionaries, etc.. So I think that yesterday helped a lot. 
        So this past weeks highlight would have to be when we were teaching this lady named Barbara. She is middle age women who is a teacher. She has been dodging us and making excuses. But last Wednesday, we went to her house and asked if we could teach her. So we started to teach her the Plan of Salvation. So about half way through she started to cry when we were reading from the Book of Mormon. The spirit was really strong, and now she is progressing good again. And another highlight is when we went to a place called Junction. It’s a very small town or village. I guess you could say (it’s where the roads of cape coast, Accra, Kumasi, and Obuasi meet). So on the way we passed a place where the houses were made of mud and sticks. They were all cooking with fire with big pots, and had their babies on there backs. I was not able to get a pic but maybe next time. It was really cool!!
        So I love hearing all about everything back home. I hope you are enjoying your summer break. Have a very good and profitable week.
            Love Your Son Elder Blackburn



 This guy handing out tomatoes was a very loud experience. 
There were many many ladies yelling and cussing in twi (Ashanti native language) pushing and shoving each other to get the best tomatoes. Hahaha…  
It was really quite something to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment