Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen. Matthew 28:19-20

Monday, July 8, 2013

Post #11


Well Hello Everyone,
          I am doing well. This week has just been another week in Ghana. I am doing good though.  No I have not been sick lately.   hahaha. Yes, I am feeling fine; just homesick at times. I am very happy to hear that all is well and that the rains are starting to come. It sounds like the cows are doing good and that my cows are being watched over too. Its really good to hear those things.
          The only thing that really bothers me is my companion. He is a really big boss, and always likes to have his say in everything, o and he is a really big smacker. Gad, about to drive me up a wall. But other than that, I’m just kicking it one day at a time. I really love Mondays though, they are my favorite. I get to listen to music, and see how everybody and everything is back home.
          We are still teaching the Rosca lady. This past week we gave her a baptismal date and she accepted for the 27 of July. And yesterday she gave us some small meat pies, and she says this week she will give me my apple pie.  So stuff like that makes Ghana more enjoyable at times.
          The poverty is really bad. They say that Ghana is the 3rd poorest country in the world.  So yes, it’s real poverty for sure.  It’s definately a humbling experience too.
          So the food is getting better. I am able to eat fufu now, but as for the other exotic foods its still pretty hard for me to take. My gag reflexes are still strong.. Hahaha…
           So. I hope you all have a very fun time with family this weekend on the mountain. Give it a HELLO from Ty would ya. hahaha. ..You know that I am very jealous and wish I could be there, but this is where I am suppose to be right now at this point in my life. I can’t believe it’s almost been three months since I left. Man, I am going to be home before you know it and everything will be in order and taken care of thanks to great men like my dad. I really appreciate you and all that you are doing for me. Also since I have been on my mission, I have realized the importance of families. And how we can all return back to our Heavenly Father and be Families Forvever. I love you and always am praying for each and everyone of you. So take care, till next week.
         Love you,  Elder Blackburn

No comments:

Post a Comment