Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen. Matthew 28:19-20

Monday, July 22, 2013

Post #13

Hi Everyone,
          Well here it is Monday again. It seems like I’m just skipping from Monday to Monday. So this week was good.  I have not been sick, and am feeling good.  So my companion Elder Meredith is being transferred to a place called Bibiani. On Wednesday, I'm going to Kumasi to drop my companion off.  He is taking Elder Larsen’s place as District leader, and I am going to be with one of my MTC mates; Elder Cockrum, from Missouri. I am very exited to be getting a new companion.  I’m going to be senior companion.  It will be good.  I’m going to have to step it up a little more. So all the missionaries that have served here in Obuasi have serve here for about 7-9 months; so I imagine I will be here until Christmas. Maybe by then, I will be able to train.
          So I guess I have lost weight..   Hahaha… You think so? I guess that most of the missionaries loose weight in Ghana. Well, we usually walk 5-7 miles a day. Our area is far from our apartment, so we usually take a tro and then when we come back, we walk. And my pants are baggy. I had to buy a new pair. They are kind of bell bottoms. And I have started to exercise in the mornings. When I do, I feel a lot better, rather than if I don’t.
          We keep the apartment clean. We clean it really good on Mondays. The only person that does not like to clean is Elder Barker, and his companion. The flooring in my room is like a lenolium. It’s really easy to clean. So about the spiders and crazy creatures. I have seen many lizards, spiders, but not snakes yet. They say there are many black and green mambas around.  They say, because of all the mining, the wildlife has moved out.
          So my highlight of this week was; when we were coming back to the apartment and we were walking, we saw a bunch of people standing in a circle shouting and yelling. So when we got close, we asked a guy what was going on. He said that they caught some armed robbers trying to steal fruit. He said they were going to beat them or stone them. … Pretty crazy!!
          We are still planning on baptizing Rosca; probably not until the 11th of August. She gave us some small apple pies (like you buy at McDonalds) again, yesterday. She is powerful! We are planning on baptizing her, and maybe another guy.  I am going to do a combined one with Elder Barker. So President Holmes is always opening areas that have never seen or had missionaries before. I hope I will be able to be a missionary that could open up a new area one day.
          So I am doing fine, and I can’t believe that I have been out three months. WOW!!  They say that is what happens when you work. I can’t believe that you are cutting second crop already. It seems just yesterday you told me you were going to cut first crop. Haha… That is really good to hear that Belle and Chap are working hard; and fighting over what to do. Trying to fill my shoes. Haha.. Keep up the good work. So thanks again for everything.  I miss you all.
            Love Ty



This is me and the other missionaries that I live with.  




This is my bed.  It wasn't too comfy at first, but now its fine. 
It's pretty nice to have a fan blowing on me all night.



This is our apartment. Its huge!! 
 It's one of the nicest apartments in the Ghana, Kumasi Mission. 
It's very roomy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment