Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen. Matthew 28:19-20

Monday, July 29, 2013

Post #14

Hello Everyone,
          Haha… Here it is Monday again. lol  Well this week was good for me and my new companion here in Obuasi. His name is Elder Cockrum. He is an awesome companion. It feels nice to be Senior companion now. I am the one that makes all the decisions, and takes the lead in most all of the teachings. He comes from a place called West Plains, Missouri.   He is a really big hunter and comes from a farm.  He was a Rock Mason with his dad before he came. When he came, we were able to kind of start a new page, and focus on contacting and finding more people to teach. We decided to start to proselyte in a different part of our area called “Estate”.  Me and my new companion are getting along very well, we are both O' Bronie!! (Its Twi for white man). So we get a lot of that, and an occasional China!! So yes I can speak a little twi.  Just small talk, Kakrakakra, hahaha it means small small.  I am always listening to em talk, and doing that has helped.
          So one of our people we usually greet and talk to on our way to our area, she just gave birth. She really likes my name, and always says it. So she decided to name her baby boy “Blackburn!!!”  haha… pretty cool I guess.
          We are hoping to have 2 baptisms on the 11th of August. We are still working on Rosca. I have been really studying the scriptures and trying to study doctrine. These people here always have lots of questions, especially about the Bible. So I’m progressing little by little.
          This last Wednesday, some of us went to Kumasi to get our new companions. I was able to see Stetson, and bunch of other of my MTC Mates.  They are doing good, and have lost a little weight. So not too much news on any one new.  We were able to help someone pound FuFu!! It was pretty fun. So this week, nothing much too exciting; just another week on Mission.
          I hope that you liked the small gifts that Jason delivered to you. They aren’t much, but I thought that I ought to do something like that. When I come home, I will really bring Africa home with me.  The place where they sell the wood carvings is pretty crazy! They really want your money, especially if you are white. I would have to say that since I have been here, I have become quite the negotiator and learned how to "JEW" them down. Hahaha…
          So I hope that you have a good time on the Mountain, and get all the cows moved. I bet that it looks good with all the rains. So yes, getting out of this heat and humidity is something that I always think about. On some days, the sun is almost too hot to even stand out in it. So I would have to say that I am suffering over here when it comes to he heat….When I get back, I won't know how to act.  Hahaha..  I hope you have a good and profitable week, and make sure to enjoy your self on the Mtn.
Take care, and thanks again for everything.
              Love You all,
        Elder Ty Blackburn


P-Day in Kumasi.  
I met up with Elder Larsen who was returning home to Loa, Utah after 2 years. 
 I sent home some African souvenirs with him. 


Elder Meredith and I with Rosca.  

No comments:

Post a Comment