Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen. Matthew 28:19-20

Tuesday, December 2, 2014

POST 84

Hello Family and Friends,
          Haha, well what can I say? I didn’t have time yesterday to email, so now I have  a few min today.
          So yesterday I was with Elder Meredith (my father), his comp, and a few other guys that came down from Sunyani to flex in Kumasi and to do some few things. Last night Elder Meredith came to Offinso with his companion and stayed the night, and today he went to Obuasi. Elder Meredith will be going home next week, so he went to Obuasi to visit a few people there.
          The past week there was a big festival here. It was the Amonhinko; Saturday was the grandeavor.  We saw the Offinso King on his throne (or whatever), being carried with massive drums going down Main Street. It was the neatest thing I have ever seen!! It was pure African culture! We could even hear the drums from our apt the morning of!! It gave me goose bumps the whole time.
          So for Thanksgiving we didn’t get to have a big meal. All we could manage was to cook some rice and chicken in our apartment. But things are great! I only have 3 transfers left. This coming Saturday is transfer news. I hope that I stay with my son (Elder Ilunga) and that I can finish here in Offinso.
          Haha..  Well I got to go. I will do better emailing next week.  It sounds like ya’ll had a good time over Thanksgiving. Take care!
                                  Love, Elder Ty Blackburn




No comments:

Post a Comment