Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen. Matthew 28:19-20

Monday, December 8, 2014

POST 85

Hi Everyone,
          Well it’s nice to come to town and email in a nice environment. We came to Kumasi today to enjoy a little, and to drop off Elder Ahweyvu. He is going home with Elder Meredith, they are TC's. They should be in Accra about now. Meredith said he would call me when he gets there. Yeah, we hope to meet up again someday. He said he'll go back to Hawaii and work for his brother, and says he might come to Utah and visit me and Nielson.  Elder Gibson's new companion is elder Helgesen from Michigan. He goes home one transfer before me, so it’s possible we will both finish here.
          But things are great. We have had power and water all week, so all is well. Our investigators boss says that she will get sacked if she is baptized, but she doesn’t care. She knows that it’s true and she loves our teachings. She just needs to get married first. She says they are doing it on Christmas, so hopefully by January she will be soaked. Her sister we are going to baptize on Saturday.
          So Pres. Holmes made me DL again for some reason. Haha.. I guess its maybe to keep me alive. He said it would only be for one transfer, but who knows. This will be my 5th transfer as DL carrying off from when I was in Buokrom.
          Anyway no I didn’t get any pictures last week. I forgot my camera.  It would of been a wall hanger for sure. Everyone was wasted and just having a good time. haha…. They have it every two years. The Ashanti King was soppose to be there, but they said he couldn’t come because if he crossed the River Offin he would die. Haha… I’m not sure if I believe that or not, they say it is cursed.
          So on Tuesday we went going to a place in our area called Ampabame. We were sitting down waiting for someone, and the next thing we know is five or six fettish priests were walking down the road.  One had a smoking pot on his head and throwing flour or powder all over him. The other ones had guns, bows and arrows, and one was tossing eggs on the ground.  They turned back around and start flinging their machetties around playing their drums. We made some nice footwork and got out of there. Haha…. It could of been fatal. They said it was for the natural and cultural rights. Anyway, enough of that.
          The office said that there are two packages for me at the mission home. They could be the ones you sent.  Cant wait to talk on Christmas! Take care! Till next week.
                                      Love , Elder Ty Blackburn


This was our Thanksgiving Dinner.



A truck load of fresh bananas.

No comments:

Post a Comment