Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen. Matthew 28:19-20

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

POST 86

Hi Everyone,
          Well for the most part it has been just another week with staying busy doing missionary work.  Some things sometimes seem to get easy or easier, but I’d have to say that it seems like a never ending battle and that I’m always going up hill and never down hill. If it is easy, I am not progressing is seems like. Haha… But yeah, not too much bothers or get to me for the most part.
          So this week not too much exciting happened other than that yesterday, we had a baptism for Theresa, who is Joyce’s sister. It went well and it was a happy day for a lot of us. We have Appiah who wants to be baptized in a river. We read some scriptures and now he accepts that anywhere where there is water he can be baptized, but he still insists on a river. I told him before next Saturday when we meet with him again, he has homework to do and he needs to find a good place in the Offin river. Haha..   Talk about a wild goose chase.
          Everyone else is doing well. Mostly everyone does the same kind of work.  Appiah is a guard at a bank, the rest have little shops. They sell parts, food, provisions and so forth; or they have a farm where they do everything by hand.
          As for the fettish priests, they are traditionalists.  They don’t believe in God or Jesus Christ. They worship smaller gods like idols and so forth. They believe in some weird crap. If you have problems with something, like you need money or whatever, you go to him at his shrine. He will line you out and tell you what you will need to do and it will happen. I’m not too certain on all of it, but it’s what I’ve heard. They have snakes and all that kind of stuff too.
          As for being a DL, it’s not too bad. It’s just the four of us as the Offinso District, so it’s all right.  Also Elder Vause is now in our zone from Enterprise. He’s a real cool guy, and a dirt farmer/rancher at heart. Ha…
          We were soppose to have a mission Christmas party, but Pres. Holmes said that the area office or whatever said that it is against church policy. Ha… I find it hard to believe, but I guess I won’t get to see all the brethren in the mission I would of liked to see. But we are having a zone Christmas party at Bantama. Also, on Wednesday, Cooper, one of the guys that is over all the apts in the mission has invited us over for fufu.  All the elders in the Bantama Zone will be there,  so it will be great! I think we will have around 12 there.
          Anway, that is about it for the week. I got two of Gr. Becky’s packages, so that was great. Yeah, I can’t wait to talk on Christmas, and get all filled in. Ha…. As far as my accent, I can control it in the apartment, but as far as with the people as we’re out, it is noticable. Anyway, best go. Thanks for everything! Love ya, love Ty

p.s.I forgot my camera. Next week I’ll send some pics. kafra (sorry)


No comments:

Post a Comment