Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen. Matthew 28:19-20

Monday, March 9, 2015

POST 97

Hi Everyone,
         It was a great week.  Offinso is progressing!  E. Ilunga and I had 13 investigators come to church yesterday, and last week we had 14.  The total at church yesterday was I think 60, so it was great.  The only thing is our group leader likes teaching about tithes/offerings toooo much. He wants to make our group a branch real quick,  so he can get released. We had a nice talk about all the things that are not favorable, and it seemed to sink in small. But I don’t think he quite gets it.
          But anyway the weather is the usual, just hot and scorching!!  The power situation is the same and even worse. The landlord has not payed the power bill, so they have disconnected the line. Last night I had had it, so I went down and connected it. This morning I went down and disconnected it. I can’t be getting hand cuffed now. Haha…
          Oh, a woman we have been teaching for a long time but have never seemed to have dropped, finally came to church yesterday.  Next week she said she wants to bring her husband. That makes us real happy.
          So I’m not sure really how to remember and to know how it will be to be back home.  With most of things I think it’ll be easy to adapt to once again, but for a few things it will be jaw dropping. haha. I have had many experiences and events that have happened the past 23 months in Ghana that have for the most part helped me and shaped me into the person I think I’m suppose to be. It’s not easy to stay and think positive when you are walking home in the dark, hungry, knowing that you will not have power and possibly have no water.  Ha… I know that Ilunga has helped me to stay positive here in this village. But I’m happy to be here and to be a part of this. Haha… Enough preaching!!
          Something I think is kind of funny: People over here when they think of farming, they think of a man, a few acres, and a big cutless (machetey). They can’t wrap their head around hundreds of acres and big machines. They get blown away when you try and explain it. Most of them think that we eat Fufu and what not in U.S. too.  Haha…
          Well that’s about all for the past week. Today we are going to Piri Piri.  It’s Ilunga and Gibson’s six month mark. It’s also Elder Amakye's first p day so they wanted to celebrate. I may as well too, I only have 4 p days left!  But thanks for everything.  Your dresses look awesome!
                                  Take care!
                             Love ya, E. Ty Blackburn


Eto 
(Yams cooked then mashed, with eggs and palm oil)




No comments:

Post a Comment