Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen. Matthew 28:19-20

Monday, March 23, 2015

POST 99

Hello Everyone,
          Well the past week has been good. Only three weeks till departure. Bye bye Ghana! But yeah, yesterday we confirmed Janet and her mom Rebecca. It was great!  Offinso is well! Things are going just dandy! Also yesterday we had a correlation meeting. We talked to the Group Leader and I told him what was on my mind.  All of the loose nuts and bolts were tighted by the end of the meeting. He admitted to not doing his best and not doing his part 100%. But anyway it was good.
          Elder Nielson called me last night and said he heard E. Montgomery from Arizona got his plans from his mom. So he's going to Amsterdam, then to Washington, to Phoenix. I’m sure that it’s the same for Nielson except for Phoenix.   Is it the same for me? I would imagine. Cockrum said his is the same somehow.
          Anyway, it has been raining quite a bit. Things are starting to green up and recover from the dry season. They have closed the road in front of our place from the main junction. They are starting in on the rain gutters up the street. So now we have to go up to the station to get a tro to Kumasi now.
          I’m getting tired of mad (crazy), drunkards coming up to me and wanting money and what not. Also on weekends we usually have 5-6 big funerals in our area, which is really quite the site to see. Big speakers, red, black, chairs and canopies all around with pictures of the person on a table. There’s dancing, listening to music and mourning. Ilunga and I have decided it seems like a party and an excuse to get out of the house to go and eat, and reminisce. Haha.. I don’t want to go farther into that one.
          But yeah, that is about it for the week. I'll see you in three dang weeks! I can't believe it! It feels like a dream!  Take care!
                                                      Love,  E. Ty Blackburn


Me with my new African attire



Enjoying p day.

No comments:

Post a Comment