Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen. Matthew 28:19-20

Monday, March 2, 2015

POST 96

Hi Everyone,
          Well for the most part everything is great. There’s only six weeks left, so its getting close.  So yeah, I’ll be staying in Offinso with my same companion for the remainder of my mission.   Elder Ilunga and I are going on 7 and a half months together.  We still get along great.
          So yesterday at church we had 75 people there.  Every room in the church was full.  The little sacrament hall is way too small. They have built a canopy/ roof over building to have sacrament in. It is exciting to see people come like that, and to see the smile on their faces when they are there. The only thing is we need a more serious group leader. President Holmes said once we become a branch, they will be sure and get someone that is more serious.
          Owasu John was baptized yesterday.  It was a great day. He has already read the Book of Mormon and he gave a powerful testimony about the Tree of Life in 1 Nephi. Wow! He’s the most powerful convert so far! It really made me happy and full of joy to see that.
          Ok, so you asked which has been my favorite area in Ghana. I would have to say it's here at Offinso.  We started from nothing, and now today we are almost to become a branch. I have a lot of good memories/experiences here.  It feels nice to be the oldest missionary on mission and are preparing for departure. I’m happy to stay in Offinso and to finish what I have started here.
          Today I am in Kumasi and we went the culture center. I hit up my guy Tijani and made a few more purchases.  I got a bunch of other cool stuff.  You will just have to wait to see it all.  I did buy some African wear, top and bottom which is pretty cool.
          That is about it for the past week. I’m just trying to stay alive and to endure. Haha.  Best go! Take care and have a nice week. Love ya all!
                                     Love, Elder Ty Blackburn


Owasu Johns' baptism


My last planner on mission.  haha….
(6 weeks to go)

No comments:

Post a Comment